When & Where
Apr 30, 2023, 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Hop Garden, 121 N Capitol Ave, Mt Sterling, IL 62353, USA
Sportsman's 2023 Fish Your Bass Off is back again!
Grab a fishing buddy and join us for our annual bass fishing tournament on April 30th, for your chance at some BIG CASH PRIZES for largest total weight and the coveted BIG BASS crown! Pre-registration is open NOW both here and inside Sportsman's.
Entry fee is $30 and is good for one team of two participants. Online registration closes on April 30th at 6am. You can also register in-person until 10am on April 30th. FYBO Rules are posted within the registraion page, and are also available here for reference.
NOTE: online registration enables you to skip in-person registration prior to the start of the tournament. If you register online, we will enter you into the check-in board automatically. You only need to show up on tournament day to check in your catches, anytime from 12-4pm on April 30th.
- This is not a professional tournament – This competition is meant for fun and to develop camaraderie.
- Permissible Waters - Private fishing areas are allowed with permission from landowners. Public fishing areas are also allowed. All participants are expected to practice courtesy and safety, and to follow local and state game laws.
- Practice Catch and Release – Every effort should be made to keep fish in good shape and ready for release. A dead fish WILL NOT COUNT.
- Scoring Fish – A MAXIMUM of 5 fish per team will be weighed. The total weight of all scored fish determines the winner. All fish over 14” must be released after weigh in. All fish must be ALIVE at time of weigh in. A dead fish cannot be weighed. If you have a dead fish, you are responsible for disposal of that fish.
- Ties – In the event of a tie, the team with the heaviest single bass will be declared the winner.
- Registration – All participants must be registered by 10am the day of the event. Participants are allowed to register beforehand at Sportsman’s or online. A valid Illinois fishing license is required to participate.
- Recording your catch - participants must arrive back at The Hop Garden and record their catch before 4:00pm. Each team may only weigh in once. Only a member of your team can bring fish to weigh in. Late returns will not be accepted. ALL WEIGHTS RECORDED BY THE JUDGES ARE FINAL.
- Cost for entry – The entry fee is $30 per team. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top 3 teams. Amount will be based on the number of entry fees. All entry fees will be paid out to winners.
Team Registration$30.00+$0.75 service feeSale ended